PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

Robert Vaughn
05-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Well I think I've lurked in the shadows long
Enough.
Hello all my name is Robert I've been a student of Aikido for hmmm it will be 8 yrs in October . I train at Aikido of Phoenix in Arizona , I'm still not very savy with the whole Chat room thing but I can't resist .

Let's see a little about myself i enjoy outdoor sports climbing,hiking and most of all training! I just recently tested for 2nd
Nikyu and I am still getting used to my Hakama
not really sure who's wearing who at this time
but I'm sure we will work it out :D

well that's all for now i have to go get my gunfighter clothes and hit the mat :grr:

happy training !

Steven
05-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Welcome Robert .... It's a pleasure to meet you.

akiy
05-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction. Please feel welcome in jumping into the discussions here!

-- Jun

erikmenzel
05-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Welcome Robert

Enjoy and train :D

MikeE
05-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Robert,

Good to meet you. I was a student of Sosa Sensei.

In fact, one of my assistant instructors bought a white oak jo from your sensei.

All the best,

jeda
05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
I'll be in Phoenix this coming August for a week or so. Is it really as unbearable as everyone says?

Darren Raleigh
05-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Hah! I was there for two years. In August I found that you cannot wash your windsheild - wet it and scrub it with the sponge side of the squeegee, and by the time you turn it around to the scraper side, the windshield is dry.

Lucky you.

jeda
05-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Yikes. People asked why I moved from Seattle to Salt Lake - I moved to be in the cold.

I think I might melt in Phoenix