View Full Version : how?

Please visit our sponsor:

Nick
11-09-2000, 05:52 PM
How would you like to die?

-Nick

shadow
11-09-2000, 09:51 PM
death is inevitable, so it doesn't matter how I die because it will happen anyways.

crystalwizard
11-09-2000, 11:25 PM
The better question is how would you like to live.

JJF
11-10-2000, 01:40 AM
Answer to both Nick and Kelly:
With the love of my family and friends.

Erik
11-10-2000, 01:51 AM
I had a beagle who was a great pet. She had a wonderful personality and was by far my favorite of the dogs I had while growing up.

One day, I had long since moved out, she was out chasing rabbits when she came across some deer. I guess the deer didn't want to be disturbed because as I understand it they promptly trampled her to death. She was 11. My father said when he saw the deer they actually started his way. He promptly armed himself but the deer got the idea and vanished.

Everyone, myself included, was saddened by the loss. She was a great dog. But as I thought on it, it was the best possible way to go. She was doing something she loved to do, beagles are chasers, she was getting old (moving slower and more gently) and it was over very quickly.

She died doing her thing after a full life.

What better way to go?

Dan Hover
11-10-2000, 11:34 AM
quiet and in my sleep just like my grandfather did. Not screaming and crying like the other people in his car did.

p.s. Nick buddy lay off of the black crayon.

Nick
11-10-2000, 01:50 PM
black crayon?

ian
11-13-2000, 06:07 AM
Eriks story is certainly interesting - it reflects that ol' chestnut about an archer who was watching a mouse feeding. Suddenly an owl pounced on the mouse and killed it. He went to draw his bow and shoot the owl, only to realise there was a tiger behind him, waiting for that moment when he would be distracted.

I think people would hope for an 'honourable' death most times. But since it is the last thing you do, it really isn't going to matter to me afterwards how I die.

ian
11-13-2000, 06:09 AM
If it is an ancient Chinese proverb that 'it is better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a mouse', why did they spend so much time looking for eternal life?

Nick
11-14-2000, 10:01 AM
No problem living like a tiger for 1000 years.

Nick

Mr.Skin
11-14-2000, 11:21 AM
Nick wrote:

-Nick

Like a candle flame. Flickering with light each day until, all at once no more.

Gavin

Brian
11-14-2000, 02:03 PM
I recall watching a standup comedian who suggested that we should all strive to die in an ironic way. For example, if you're on a cruise ship that's sinking, drown in the pool. This way, everyone else will be able to appreciate the humour that lies even within a subject such as death.

I, for the longest time, would have been most happy to die as an old man after effectively raising a good family, and with children who are then effectively raising good families of their own. But now I only wish to face death without fearing it. It's very easy for me to say "I do not fear death," but I can only hope that, when the time comes, I can maintain my beliefs, my philosophies, my views of life, and die with courage.

Moth
11-14-2000, 02:04 PM

I wouldn't really but seeing the probability of me not dying is quite remote I'll take it anyway it comes.
It's not like I can change it anyways.

Catherine
11-14-2000, 06:14 PM
I would like to die after a happy life. Not necessarily long- just happy. For instance, if I died during an aikido class, I wouldhave died at one of the high points of my day- nothing can tarnish the joy I have when I'm doing aikido. On the other hand, I might as well live until I finish writing a story I'm writing, ecause otherwise I could never rest in peace.

Death is inevitable (for most) ;) so I might as well go quickly, and not drag the process out. Dying over a lifetime would be a pain. (pun not intended)

kidokid
11-14-2000, 10:38 PM
He who gives what he cannot keep for
something that he can keep is a wise
person.