PDA

View Full Version : G'day

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Thom Hansen
03-31-2003, 05:34 AM
G'day All

My name is Thom (tom)Hansen, I have posted a few messages in these forums before but decided to Introduce myself.

At the age of 12 I started judo and enjoyed the aspect of martial arts (i felt i was good at something), after judo (only a short time with that) i seemed to drift only doing a bit of this a bit of that but never lost that feeling that martial arts was right for me.

Then feeling disgruntled with most hard martial arts a friend took me to see "Aikido" honestly my first impression was what a lot of ..... . But having nothing better to do in February 1984 i started Aikido (till i found something better)

Now after 19 years i have my own dojo (Cleveland dojo in Australia look in Dojo Search) and a few instructors who have been loyal students and good friends since they began ... in myself i have changed from "a lost soul" to a person with ideals & ethic.

Aikido is good to me (and i still haven't found anything better)

Regards Thom

Kung Fu Liane
03-31-2003, 05:57 AM
Hi Thom. What in particular bothered you about the external styles? - just asking 'cos i like internal and external

Thom Hansen
03-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Hello Liane

A lot of things "bothered me" but mostly the Agression and where the agression was taking me. (not a good place)

Thom

Kung Fu Liane
03-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Thom,

maybe a bad club then, but not all of them are like that :)