View Full Version : Barbara Bowen Update

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

03-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Sorry to start this as a new thread-couldn't find the other one.

Barbara had her second aneurysm repaired on Thursday (3/13/03) and apparently is doing quite well. We heard from her husband (Les) last night during class and he says she had no problems. Apparently this was repaired by going in through a vessel in her thigh and putting in some type of stint to seal off the leaking vessel. This was the small aneurysm so it was able to be repaired without a more invasive procedure. The doctors cannot believe how well she has come out of this ordeal. She will now be able to bend down and pick things up without risk.

Just though I'd give an update on the good news.

Karen Wolek
03-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks for keeping us all updated. It's so wonderful to hear of her progress!

03-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi John,

It's great to hear that Barbara's latest procedure went well. I'm sure a lot of folks, including myself, are keeping her in their thoughts and are happy to hear such great news! I hope we'll keep hearing such heart-lifting updates from you and Les as time goes on.

-- Jun

03-16-2003, 10:42 PM
That's great news! We're rooting for her here in MN, so gooooo Barbara!! :)

03-17-2003, 06:11 AM
Barb just emailed me this morning and apparently she may be able to return to the mat in about 6 months. The aneurysm only required one coil to repair. She is still having some short term memory problems but is working on it. She says she should have no training restrictions when she returns.

The efforts of everyone raising money for her medical fund has been very uplifting to her and she definitely appreciates everyone's efforts.