PDA

View Full Version : Pattern for Weapons Bag

Please visit our sponsor:

ajbarron
02-25-2003, 09:48 AM
I have been looking for a pattern for a cordura weapons bag as these are only available by mail from the United States. My birthday is coming up, my wife is great with the sewing machine and is willing to make me a gift. I'm looking for one with pockets and room for at least two Jos and one Bokken.
Thanks for any help.

joan
02-25-2003, 11:21 AM
I haven't ever seen a pattern, but several of the folks in our dojo including me have sewn bags. Start with a rectangle, sew on a pocket or two, put a heavy-duty zipper on the top (separating works better) and a couple of straps, then sew rectangle together.

(It makes sense if you sew a lot AND if you have some knowledge of what weapons bags look like)

Good luck

henry brown
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
My wife made me a bag a few years ago

It is a long rectangle of heavy cloth about 1.75 - 2 meters by 0.75 meters (you are in Canada, right?).

On the anterior side, she sewed on a second piece of cloth 1.25 m by 0.75 meters. So now you have a bag 1.25 by 0.75, with a 'hood'. She then divided the bag into three compartments lenthwise. Each compartment can hold a couple of weapons.

She also sewed on a small pocket on the anterior portion of the bag that is big enough to hold a tanto. This little pocket has a velcro clousure.

To fold the thing up, you fold the hood over the anterior of the bag so the weapons don't slide out of their pockets, and then roll the thing up. On the back side of the bag there is a long shoulder strap. There are also two straps with velcro that wrap around the bag perpidincular to the length to keep it from rolling open.

It works pretty well.