PDA

View Full Version : Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

shuckser
04-24-2017, 06:09 PM
*sigh*

Not one of you seems to realise that the most important thing about baking is the internal practice. If your baking lacks internal power it is useless. And to be honest, what would be the point?

It's at least a way to develop the form. With mastery of that, one can move on to studying the four principles of Baking to develop ones IP:

1. Keep rolling pin.
2. Leaven completely.
3. Keep flour underside.
4. Expend heat.

Again, these won't help you to actually eat. But with a few decades of study you might be able to lay the breakfast table.

Walter Martindale
04-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Two thousand. :D

Three Thousand - Let's go for it!:freaky:

mathewjgano
04-25-2017, 12:24 AM
Look, I'm not going to comment on anyone else's cooking; some prefer French, some Thai, and then there's always fusion. Even fried bologna can be filling. All I know is, for me, I bake so I don't have to eat in the first place.

:p

PeterR
04-25-2017, 01:59 AM
Look, I'm not going to comment on anyone else's cooking; some prefer French, some Thai, and then there's always fusion. Even fried bologna can be filling. All I know is, for me, I bake so I don't have to eat in the first place.

:p

Have your cake and eat it too.

Shadowfax
05-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Three Thousand - Let's go for it!:freaky:

I could go for some 3000. And a cup of coffee. :D

Walter Martindale
05-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I could go for some 3000. And a cup of coffee. :D

Further and further off topic... (or is it farther?)
"some 3000"? What's that? And if I ever get to Pittsburgh, I'm up for a coffee... Pittsburgh - that's somewhere in the eastern USA, right? They claim to have Penguins there, but I've only ever seen penguins in New Zealand...

Garth Jones
05-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Further and further off topic... (or is it farther?)
"some 3000"? What's that? And if I ever get to Pittsburgh, I'm up for a coffee... Pittsburgh - that's somewhere in the eastern USA, right? They claim to have Penguins there, but I've only ever seen penguins in New Zealand...

Pittsburgh is about 200 miles straight south of you. There is a lake in the way though. It's about a 5 hour drive. So come on down, train with us, and have coffee!

Cheers,
Garth

PS Our Penguins wear ice skates are paid lots of money....

Riai Maori
05-05-2017, 10:29 PM
but I've only ever seen penguins in New Zealand...

Yellow eye?:D And yes those Bluff oysters are delicious.

Walter Martindale
05-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Yellow eye?:D And yes those Bluff oysters are delicious.

Little Blue. Near Oamaru. And... I forget exactly where, but the petrified wood on shoreline, "Mainland" somewhere IIRC..

When we were at regattas at Twizel, the Awarua Boating Club (Bluff) would bring oysters to the pub for all the rowers and coaches... when in season, of course.

Pittsburgh Penguins.. currently sans their superstar. Hmm. I'd visit for a practice but for not having tied on a hakama since... wow... 2011. Old age, arthritis, and shortage of dojo that practice when I'm not at work..

Petrus
06-04-2017, 05:53 AM
https://youtu.be/5Hoeb7sBqRc
Perhaps this will help.
Cheers
Petrus

bothhandsclapping
06-13-2017, 10:56 PM
As a new Aikido student, I'll never forget here in Albuquerque going to an event called All Japan Week, where they had representatives from about 15 or so different Japanese martial arts - each giving a short demonstration. I was amazed by the number of times that I said to myself - "hey, that's an Aikido move!" (Like the other arts stole our techniques.)

For the techniques that stress wrists and elbows and shoulders - almost every martial art has all the very same moves as Aikido. After all, there are only so many ways an arm can bend and turn and only so many ways you can try to use that turning and bending to influence an encounter. Realistically, to call an arm bar an Aikido move would be a bit of a stretch.