PDA

View Full Version : Crosstraining?

Please visit our sponsor:

Unregistered
01-15-2003, 11:45 AM
I would appreciate some advice....
I have been learning a form of Jujitsu for 6 months or so which occasionally incorporates what I have been told are techniques similar to those used in Aikido? I find myself drawn to these moves and I am wondering if I should start training in Aikido, however I do enjoy my current classes.
Would there be benefit in doing both? or should I stop the Jujitsu classes and start the Aikido training?

akiy
01-15-2003, 01:01 PM
This thread has been moved from the Anonymous forum to the Training forum.

Please note that the Anonymous forum is intended for "delicate" subject matters for which people have a need or want to keep their identities from being revealed. I encourage people to keep this in mind before starting a thread in the Anonymous forum.

Thanks,

-- Jun

Bronson
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
My feelings on this are that you should have a good solid grounding in the basics of one art before you spread out into others. Find an aikido dojo and watch the class. Maybe even participate in a couple. Then decide which one (aikido or jujitsu) you'd like to focus on. Focus on that one for a while (how long depends on too many variables) before cross training. For MOST people I've met who cross trained at the beginning of their training it was too confusing and they were unable to completely focus on one art or the other.

Again, these are my opinions. Others will vary.

Bronson