PDA

View Full Version : specifications on mae ukemi...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

florent
01-09-2003, 06:51 AM
Hi,
I'm a new member and a student in sports, and I have a little work on a "sport movement" to do. I chose the "Mae Ukemi" in Aikido, so I am in need of good books or other stuff (Internet sites,...) about this movement. I have to speak about the biometrical, physiological, biomecanical, and all these kind of things, all about Mae Ukemi.
I'm living in Belgium, so french books are preferable to english ones (easier to find here).
Any help and/or infos would be most welcome.

Thanks.

akiy
01-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi Florent,

How much personal experience do you have in studying and "performing" (for the lack of a better word) aikido ukemi?

-- Jun

florent
01-09-2003, 09:08 AM
I've practiced Aikido for 2 years and a half and still practicing it, and that's the main reason for my choice of subject.

From my point of view, I'm quite skilled in ukemi...

akiy
01-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Hi Florent,

Sounds great. What sort of thoughts have you personally had in this matter so far?

-- Jun

florent
01-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Not that much to be honest...I have to finish my work for the end of spring vacations.

I have already one interesting book (Traité didactique d'Aikido traditionnel, by Alain Peyrache) which speaks a little about it, with some of the bones that "hit" the ground and the ones that can be hurt if you do a bad ukemi...

And that's about all the reference I have about the subject...I still have to find a lot more, and I hope someone in this forum knows a little on the subject...