PDA

View Full Version : Books

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Jessica
01-02-2003, 08:03 PM
I don't know if this is the correct place to write this, so sorry if it should be somewhere else.

Today, I found a really good (IMO) book (not specifically Aikido, but Japanese Martial Arts) called "Traditions Essays on the Japanese Martial Arts and Ways" by Dave Lowry. It has lots of thought provoking essays and is well worth reading.

Essays include: (there are 53, I won't list all of them)

"I'm Sorry...You Okay"
"Uke-Waza (The Art of Taking It)"
"How Much Would You Pay For All The Secretes of the Martial Arts"
"Sempai & Kohai (Seniors & Juniors)

Again, it is well worth reading.

Bronson
01-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey Jessica,

I too really liked Traditions by Dave Lowry. He has another book which is in the same vein called Moving Toward Stillness. It too is a collection of his magazine articles (some are reapeated in Traditions). I liked it a little better than Traditions. Can't really say why, I just did. Also if you haven't already you should check out any of Dave Lowry's other books. Most notably Autumn Lightning (if you can find it) and it's "sequel" Persimmon Wind. Sword and Brush is also a pretty neat read.

Bronson

Jessica
01-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Also if you haven't already you should check out any of Dave Lowry's other books. Most notably Autumn Lightning (if you can find it) and it's "sequel" Persimmon Wind. Sword and Brush is also a pretty neat read.

Thanks, I will.