PDA

View Full Version : Hola! Terve! Hello! Hej!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Shrike
12-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey all,

My name is Jukka Kolehmainen, or Shrike which is what i've used as an online nick for too long i suppose.

I'm a 30 year old male from Finland (Helsinki) and have been practising Aikido for 3-4 months with my fiancee.
Before Aikido i trained Karate (Kokondo style) and did manage to get a green belt, but i found it too competitive and aggressive for my tastes. That was 15 years ago tho.

Otherwise i'm into computers, almost nerdy i have to admit, i also do reviews and interviews for a site called Imperiumi.Net, music is the name of the game there and the heavier the better.
I also enjoy reading and watching more than my share of Sci-Fi, its almost stupid but i like it.

Occupation front is a bit shite right now, unemployed, but don't think that is going to be the case for long. By trade i am a (Heat-Set) Printer (magazines/ads and such) and i have some education in the IT-trade.

Check out my homepage for more mundane crap if you wish ;)
http://www.TimeTombs.net/

erikmenzel
12-26-2002, 10:01 AM
Terve Jukka,

tervetuloa.

BTW, are you going to be at the Kobayashi seminar in Tampere this januari? I am!

Shrike
12-29-2002, 06:25 AM
Don't know, as i just found out about it :)

But i don't think i will, i think i'll be just getting into a regular practise schedule after the new years and gonna look into seminars and camps/leiri later. Maybe after 5th kyu or so.

Who knows tho...

akiy
12-29-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi Jukka,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums! Thanks for your introduction.

-- Jun

Shrike
02-11-2003, 04:56 AM
A bit of an addition to my introduction.

I started learning another budo style called Tauramuroryu Kobujutsu along with my Aikido training. Its all fun fun fun, Aikido is still the 'main thing', but learning about the weapons is great too.