PDA

View Full Version : Good news, I think :]

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Veers
12-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, I finally had a job interview at the local grocery...two, at that. They seemed to like me well enough, so if my schedual can fit theirs, maybe they'll hire me! :] Anyway, he said I'd be doing (working, not "doing") 14-24 hours a week, including weekends, so that should leave me with plenty of time to do school and aikido.
Speaking of which, Jorge Garcia's friend Joel (met him at that seminar) is starting his dojo in January, so it looks like if I get the job I'll be able to help him get it started (if he needs any help).

Hope you all had good Thanksgivings...I was playing with my cousins in Tennessee last week. Anyway, we shall see what becomes of me.

aikigreg
12-04-2002, 09:20 AM
COngratulations! What part of texas are you in?

Veers
12-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Corpus Christi...way down south where the bananas don't grow...

aikigreg
12-05-2002, 09:34 AM
Been there once. Neat town. If I make it down again anytime, I hope to see you!

Jorge Garcia
12-08-2002, 07:37 PM
Good news Jonathan! I'm sure they'll take you on and that you'll be able to start your aikido career in a few weeks. I will be going down there occasionally so I look forward to working with you.

Best wishes,

Veers
01-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, they haven't hired me...but I just got hired at a resteraunt... I'll be working 3:30-9:30 p.m. starting next week... This is good as far as insurance for my driving goes, but I think this might mean no aikido
:[ Bummer... Well, maybe things'll work out?