PDA

View Full Version : Aikido in Virtua Fighter 4

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Judd
11-12-2002, 10:39 AM
I don't know how many of you out there are gamers like me, but I thought I'd let everyone know that there are some really cool moves in VF4 based on Aikido movements. The character "Aoi", in particular, has a sweet Ikkyo movemnt, but instead of ending in a pin, she kicks her enemy right in the head. Not quite the, uh, spirit of the art, but, damn it's cool to see a digital character in a game doing stuff I've learned in class! :)

Wormwood
11-13-2002, 07:00 AM
Very cool, I'll have to rent that some time. :) (It's out for PS2 is it not?)

Veers
11-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Tekken 3, Tag, and 4 have Nina (about 1/4 or her non-kick moves are aikido based) and Ling (actually uses kung fu, but she has a very few aikido moves). I'm pretty sure Nina has more aikido moves than Aoi, but I haven't played VF4 as much as Tekken.

But then again, the point of a fightning game isn't to just get them out of your face and protect yourself...so of course they have to add in some joint breaks, kicks, etc. *wishes he had a PS2 and didn't have to mooch off his friend's*

Judd
11-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Wormwood - Yep, PS2 :)

gasman
11-15-2002, 08:37 AM
been playing tekken for a while, just got VF4 out too.

the japanese girl does a 1/4 irimi nage and the chinese one has a brutal shiho nage too as far as I can tell.

VF4, although not as shiny and nice as Tekken4, has a good few cooler moves and looks more realistic (as far as realism goes)

i love the shaolin munk and the ground work of the ninja.

Thalib
11-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Aoi's style in Virtua Fighter is actually Aiki-jujutsu.

And true Nina's style is Aikido.

I was a game freak at one point of time, but then I found Aikido.

Abasan
11-17-2002, 11:32 PM
Not even aikido beats slugging it out as a giant robot in the streets of japan, Robot Alchemical Drive da best!