PDA

View Full Version : Hey-Ho Neighbors

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Richard Elliott
11-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Name: Richard
Affiliation: Still Point (Seidokan) Austin,TX
(if they still claim me:eek: )
Religion: Christion/episcopalian.

13 yrs ago started in TaeKwonDo. Master James Fields. Good man. Military man. Studied in Korea. Man, he was hard, but I'm glad I spent 2 years with him. He scolded us for "shakin off our fruit!"

Lastly, I was previleged to study w/ Ross Robertson sensei. Still Point was a great experience. Think about my experiences there a lot. However, Ross and Still Point are not responsibility for whatever opinions or messes I make as I am currently non-affliated.

I am currently doing more work in my church and doing some studies that preclude training at this time. My spotty participation on this board is my way, I guess, of keeping my mind on Aikido or just staying related somehow.

I have enjoyed all the posts and participants I have read here and sense a willingness of the participants to "dialogue" and find "meeting Points" as well as debating and argueing.
Cheers! Richard Elliott

akiy
11-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your introduction! You're lucky to have studied with Ross; he's got a lot of great ideas.

-- Jun

Bronson
11-13-2002, 03:24 AM
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forums. If you ever get back to Still Point tell Ross sensei I said hi. He's made it up here to Michigan a couple of times and I've always enjoyed his classes. I had the opportunity to watch him conduct some nidan exams a few years ago...whew, I'm glad he didn't do mine :D One of the guys father was a 6th dan in uechi ryu karate and said it was the hardest martial arts test he'd ever seen.

Hope you're back on the mat soon.

Bronson

suebailey
12-09-2002, 01:09 AM
wow u have a good background Richard wish id trainned with Ross and had ur experiance.

I envy u my man.

welcome