PDA

View Full Version : Moscow Theater Aikido Practitioner Death

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

akiy
11-01-2002, 09:15 AM
The following was forwarded on to me by Steven Miranda (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1615) who asked me to post this here.

-- Jun

---------------

Dear Aikidoka,

it is with regret and grief that that I inform you of the lose of one of our fellow Aikido.

His name is Andre Deeveen a young man whose life was devoted to Yoshinkan Aikido and to me his sensei.

Andre was called Deshi by all who knew him because of his constant attention to me and my needs.

His dream was to earn his Black Belt, sadly this is not possible now, but at his funeral on Saturday I will place my Black Belt in his coffin as a token of respect from all Aikidoka World wide.

Andre's life was taken as has been the case of many people young and old as a result of the terrorist act recently in a Moscow theater. He and his Mother and Father where at this theater when the terrorist struck , Andre died as the result of gas poisoning .

yours sincerely

David Eayrs

Chuck Clark
11-01-2002, 12:17 PM
One of my old judo buddies, Sandy Booker, whom I've known for about 35 years or so, also died in the theater hostage situation.

He was a real "character" and a good judoman.

A colossal screw-up in my estimation. Sorry for everyone's loss.

Sincerely,

chadsieger
11-03-2002, 11:04 PM
My respects to those that perished.

There is no question that violence caused this tragedy. The question is:

Where/When did this chain of violence start and where/when will it end?

If any good can be found in this horrible affair, it is that perpetuating violence only leads to pain to all of those involved.

Sieger

MaylandL
11-03-2002, 11:34 PM
To those who lost friends and family my deepest condolences and sympathies.

Neil Mick
11-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Yes, my sympathies, as well.

Apparently, there are still some questions about the nature of the gas, as well as some ongoing investigations. See http://www.flashpoints.net/ , the Oct. 31st audio link, for more.

one4k4
11-12-2002, 08:05 AM
"His dream was to earn his Black Belt, sadly this is not possible now, but at his funeral on Saturday I will place my Black Belt in his coffin as a token of respect from all Aikidoka World wide."

I can only hope to grow myself one day, and have the ability to my loved ones as much as this man did. This paragraph is very touching to me..

Juan
11-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Our sincere condolences from all of us at AIKIDO CENTER OF MIAMI.

eric carpenter
12-06-2002, 08:28 AM
very sad,obviously a good person , i watched the drama unfold on tv and you always knew theyd go in,pity they dont let other countries help them,but then thats maybe the problem,what a waste,i supose its not how you die but how you live,and it sounds like this guy lived well.

respect

ec