PDA

View Full Version : Zen

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Unregistered
10-04-2002, 10:58 AM
I know this is an Aikido forum, but I need some guidance. I've been practicing Zen Buddhism for a little over two years. So far I've been studying through books and am curious if going to a temple regularaly or semi-regularly would be beneficial. I feel like I've been a little stagnant lately and I'd really like to get into koans, but I'm not sure if this is only for more dedicated temple goers. Anyway, I got into Aikido after starting buddhism. I think it complements it well, but now that I've been doing Zen and Aikido for a while, I'm seeing that you can practice everything you do as "Zen" or "Aikido". I read that before many times, but once experienced it takes on a whole new meaning. I think I'm ready to evolve.

akiy
10-04-2002, 11:11 AM
This thread has been moved from the Anonymous forum to the General forum.

Please do not use the Anonymous forum to merely post topics without registering and/or logging in; the Anonymous forum is intended for "delicate" subject matters for which people want to keep their identities from being revealed. I encourage people to keep this in mind before posting on the Anonymous forum as that purpose is not what that forum was created for.

-- Jun

cguzik
10-05-2002, 02:25 PM
The three refuges are buddha, dharma, and sangha. Sincere practice is very hard without all three. If you can do it, then you are fortunate. If you have access to all three then taking advantage of the opportunity surely makes sense.

Chris