PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

rachmass
09-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Hi all,

Found the perfect space!!!! I've put in a bid on it in writing (this is a place for lease), with links to some information about aikido. Checked with the City, and zoning permits a martial arts school in the space. The only problem is that the wife of the owner is unsure if she wants a martial artist in the space.

So, maybe a collective effort of postive thoughts could help (definately could not hurt).

Wish me luck!

Rachel
:)

Jucas
09-17-2002, 02:48 PM
I'll be doing my Aikido Good Luck Jig for ya.

akiy
09-17-2002, 04:06 PM
Hi Rachel,

Best of luck in setting up your new dojo! Please keep us updated on how things are going. I'm sure your sharing your experiences will only help others who may be going through the same thing now or in the future.

-- Jun

rachmass
09-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Hi Jonathan and Jun,

Thank you for the good luck wishes! I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything. Still crossing my fingers here on this space....

Rachel

DaveO
09-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi, Rachel, good luck!

... Although really, luck will have very little to do with it. When you get the site, it'll be due to positive thinking, karma, the devout belief that good guys win in the end, and the threat of senseless, brutal bloody violence if they don't give you what you want. :D :D

(Geez, I crack myself up.)

Dave

Genex
09-18-2002, 04:56 AM
You could always go round to her house and show her what kind of things your going to be doing at the dojo, start slow with some Yonkyo's and then move to sankyo's Gokyo's and tenchinage's.

seriously tho, you could invite her to a class and show off some moves, promote it as more of a self defence art as apposed to a 'rip out their heart and show it to them before they die.' one...

really she'll prolly feel better about it, plus it keeps the kids off the streets for a few nights a week so that when they are on the street for the rest they cause 3 times as much carnage! :D

only kidding...

pete

deepsoup
09-18-2002, 06:40 AM
Good luck, Rachel. :D

Sean

x

rachmass
09-18-2002, 01:18 PM
further news....

Looks like we are 85% there! We are talking about a lease, starting at the beginning of October. Still just has to finish clearing it with his wife, who is starting to come around a bit (gave them some webiste addresses to check out aikido, invited them to the dojo). Only other hurdle is the building inspector (zoning is fine).

Still crossing my fingers here, but it is looking like it could really happen. I'll keep you all up to date.

Thanks for all the well wishes and good thoughts coming this way.

Rachel

:ai: :ki: :do:

rachmass
09-22-2002, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately the lease deal just fell through. We had agreed on all terms, and just had a lease going back and forth when the owner decided he didn't want to lease the building at all!

Very bummed here, as it was a terrific space with a really good feel to it.

Oh well, I guess it is not meant to be.

deflatedly,

Rachel

DaveO
09-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Awwwww, man. That stinks. :(

Keep pluggin' Rachel; we're rooting for ya!

Dave

rachmass
09-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Thanks Dave!

Will keep plugging away here, but I am getting seriously discouraged! Maybe we'll move to Halton Hills or Georgetown and open a dojo there ;-)

Rachel

JJF
09-23-2002, 07:07 AM
Don't give up Rachel. It is worth fighting for isn't it ?

My best wishes goes to you in your search for a good location for a dojo.

rachmass
09-23-2002, 07:11 AM
Thanks Jorgen,

I appreciate the good wishes. I'll keep you all up to date on the progress, and hopefully, like Kev, I'll be up and running soon.

Rachel

MaylandL
09-23-2002, 08:11 PM
I'm real sorry to hear that the lease fell through. I'm sure you will find another place. I'll be keeping my fingers and other appendages crossed for you. Best of luck for your search.