PDA

View Full Version : Another dojo scam email

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

jimbaker
05-14-2018, 07:39 AM
The dojo got an email from a company in China informing us that someone was trying to register our dojos's domain name as their own and to contact the emailer to confirm or deny it is us.

"We are an agency engaging in registering brand name and domain names. Today, Our center received an application from TAIYUN COMPANY and they apply to register aikidonorfolk as their brand name and some top-level domain names(.CN .HK etc). We found the main body of domain names is same as your company name. I am not sure about the relationship between you and them. Please tell me whether or not your company authorizes them to register names.

We are dealing with the application and we need to confirm whether you have authorized them? If you don't authorize them, please reply me an e-mail. Looking forward to your reply."

This is a scam where they try to sell you expensive domains to "protect" your brand.

lbb
05-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Every business of every kind gets these scam emails.

Larry Feldman
05-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Maybe you should tell them how much money we make running a dojo and they will send us some money!

jamesf
05-16-2018, 02:50 PM
Let me guess: the display name on the sender didn't remotely match the email address, and that email address did not match the "Reply-to:" email address, and neither email domain name matched the company they were purporting to represent?