PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Woodworks LRC Bokken

Please visit our sponsor:

Jim Sorrentino
04-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Greetings All,

I have a Kingfisher Woodworks (https://www.kingfisherwoodworks.com/) Laminate Rosewood Composite (LRC) bokken for sale. If you are interested, please contact me by e-mail. Kingfisher has not made weapons out of this material for many years. Each one is unique. This bokken was made between 1989 and 1991. Photos are available on request.

Here are the specifics:

Weight - 2 pounds, 3 ounces
Overall Length - 41 1/4 inches
Tsuka length - 10 1/2 inches
Tsuka cross-section - 1 3/8 x 1 1/16 inches
Depth of curvature - 5/8 inches
Balance point - 18 5/8 inches from the base of the tsuka
The tsuka is beveled at the base. The bevel is about 45 degrees, and about 1/4 inch deep.

There are two small scratches, each about 3/8 inches long. One is on the right ridge, about 9 inches from the kissaki. The other is just below the right ridge, about 6 3/4 inches from the tip. Just above the second scratch, on the right ridge itself, there is an almost imperceptible dent (likely from another LRC bokken) less than 1/8 inch long. These minor cosmetic blemishes do not affect the structural stability and sturdiness of this weapon in any way.

The price is $725 US, which includes insured shipping within the continental US. If you are in the Washington, DC area and would like to pick up this bokken in person, I will take $25 off.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your attention!

Sincerely,

Jim