PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Fitznutz
09-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Hello to all fellow postees.

I figured i'd introduce myself since i'll prolly be frequenting this site quite a bit in the future with LOADS of questions for you all. I am formally starting my Aikido training tonight...(well maybe not formally in the correct sense of the word since i'll be taking my classes at a YMCA :confused: but hey i don't have any dojos near me so i'll just have to make due:D )
A friend of mine has been taking aikido for about a year now and i went to a class to observe and the residing sensei looked at me and said (not kidding) "Hell, your here aren't you? You might as well join in." Well, a bruised wrist and a sore back later i was hooked. I love the philosophy of a defense only art(i'm not a violent person) .
I hope to get to know the lot of you and hopefully you will be able to help me further myself in my quest for personal fulfillment.

Late

Bronson
09-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Welcome Ken,

Don't knock the Y dojo ;) I started in one and it was a good place to train. Feel free to ask your questions. There's a lot of knowledge floating around on these forums, take advantage of it.

Again, welcome

Bronson

erikmenzel
09-14-2002, 08:05 AM
Welcome Ken,

and enjoy ;)

akiy
09-14-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums! I hope you'll keep us informed as to your progress in the art.

-- Jun