View Full Version : Moving to France... What I´ve to do to start a dojo?

Please visit our sponsor:

10-23-2017, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone, I am married to a French woman, we live at Chile right now but we are planning moving to France with our family, I own a dojo here at Chile, I am 3th dan (all grades given by Hombu Dojo Japan) and I want to continue teaching there (France), my sensei is Yoshinobu Takeda Shihan 8th dan, he is in charge of the AKI (Aikido Kenkyukai International).

I would like to start this style at France, I ´ve heard that Dan grades given by other organization are not recognized by frenchs federations. It´s true, what I would have to do to be recognized there.

Can someone tell me how things are organized there, witch papers I will need, etc.?

Thanks You.



Carsten Möllering
10-24-2017, 03:09 AM
I am not sure, but I think for opening a dôjô you will Need the " brevet d’État d’éducateur sportif". Which is a teaching licence:

In addition to this in France the grades that are relevant to teaching are given by the state (i.e. the ministry of education), as far as I know.

But I think it is related to the grades given by hombu in some way.

I recommend to talk to Christian Tissier. He is a very polite and humble person. I am sure he will try help you out.

10-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Can someone tell me how things are organized there, witch papers I will need, etc.?

As far as I know, until 2012 you needed something that was called "Brevet d'Etat d'Educateur Sportif" (BEES).
Now it is diplôme d'état, de jeunesse, d'éducation populaire et de sport (DEJEPS).

You should contact one of the french aikido federations for more information.

Here is a link with some informations:


10-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Thanks you both I am searching and contacting the federation.
If anyone can tell me his experience will be better.

I am worried about the grades cause the (DEJEPS).is just a course that I will have to take.

Someone who has experience or been in the same situation?

Thanks again.

10-25-2017, 10:16 AM
You need to have a DEJEPS if you want to be paid for your teaching.
There is a "Brevet Federal" delivered by the french federations (FFAB and FFAAA) : it takes some week-ends for the formation, and you pass an examination that allows you to teach, if you succeed. With this diploma you can't earn wages, but some of your expenses can be payed by your club (travels, keikogi, aikido seminars...). You will have to pass a DEJEPS if you want to make a living.

10-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Merci beaucoup mon ami.
Can you tell me the difference between the DEJEPS an the others diplom ?

Le Brevet Fédéral reconnaît la compétence d’enseigner sans être rémunéré. (this diplom is replaced by the DEJEPS)

Le CQP (Certificat-de-Qualification-Professionnelle) permet l’enseignement contre rémunération.

Les Diplôme d’État et Diplôme d’État Supérieur.

La VAE (Validation des Acquis de l’Expérience) permet d’obtenir certains diplômes sans passer d’examen.


10-30-2017, 04:09 AM
Le diplôme minimum pour pouvoir enseigner est le Brevet Fédéral. Il ne permet pas d'enseigner contre rémunération.

Le CQP permet d'enseigner contre rémunération dans le limite de 360 heures par an.

Le DEJEPS (diplôme d’état, de jeunesse, d’éducation populaire et de sport) permet d'enseigner contre rémunération.

Ces diplômes s'obtiennent sur examen après une formation dont la complétude croit du Brevet Fédéral au DEJEPS. Le CQP et le DEJEPS peuvent également s'obtenir par la VAE.

Dans tous les cas, il faudra faire valider ton grade Aikikai par la Fédération que tu choisiras.

01-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Hi there again, I am also worried about my grades, I have heard that all the grades are manage by the french federations (FFAAA or FFAB) but talking to a friend here that follows Gerard Blaize sensei, he told me that their grades are independent from the federation, they are recognized by hombu dojo at Tokyo.

So I am in a similar situation, my sensei (Takeda Shihan) give us the grades from Japan, they are all grades from Aikikai Tokyo and I would like to keep that connection instead of validate my grades in a French federation and start the dojo in that way.

French aikidoka can you tell me what is the differences between been in one of the to federation and be independent ? Can I hold a dojo been out of these federation, which are the benefits and the contra.

Can anybody help me?