PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: Aikido Class: Micheline Tissier 6th Dan - 12th IAF Congress in Takasaki

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

akiy
04-19-2017, 06:34 PM
ZPERGMdP7-U

Here's an aikido video of Micheline Tissier (6th dan) teaching techniques from yokomenuchi at the 12th International Aikido Federation Congress in Takasaki, Japan in September, 2016.

What are your thoughts on this video?

-- Jun

asiawide
04-19-2017, 09:00 PM
She's taking kuzushi after guarding yokomenuchi so following waza makes sense. Bu kotegaeshi... I can't see kuzushi but she just throws uke. It may be possible if she got damn good weight shifting but she doesn't seem so.

ChrisMoses
04-20-2017, 06:54 AM
That's a whole lot of shoving from the back foot and lurching forward. Yuck.

Michael Hackett
04-20-2017, 09:17 AM
I didn't care much for her art, but I do admire her teaching style. She speaks enough, but not too much and demonstrates piece-by-piece and with the whole technique. It appears like she's using a lot of muscle as she throws.

ilona
04-20-2017, 12:15 PM
I enjoyed this a lot as a beginner; I recognized one of the techniques as very similar to what we did in class the other night (cool for me because I still find it confusing to keep them all straight). As for those criticizing her form, I understand from an interview with her that she has issues with her knees. That might affect how she moves. To me, she seems pretty amazing!

SeiserL
04-20-2017, 02:39 PM
She recently took part in a Bridge Seminar at Shndai Dojo in Orlando Florida ...
She was technical and systematic, with powerful technique, and a pleasant attitude ...
Very enjoyable ...

MrIggy
04-20-2017, 08:26 PM
She seems pretty tensed during certain techniques but still gives a clear, sharp and precise demonstration of them. Good overall impression in my opinion.

SeiserL
04-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Thought it might be interesting to add some insight into the person ...
https://youtu.be/GGaOP15rXFc