PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ilona
04-15-2017, 06:19 PM
For my introduction: I've been practicing Aikido for about three months in Massachusetts and have been enjoying the challenge and pleasure of learning something completely different! It's a wonderful opportunity to practice beginner's mind, or beginner's body-mind. :) I joined this forum to learn from and connect with others.

Best,
ilona

akiy
04-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Hi Ilona,

Welcome to AikiWeb, and thank you for your introduction. I hope you feel welcome in joining in with the discussions here.

-- Jun

fatebass21
04-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Welcome! You mention that aikido is completely different...have you studied other things in the past?

ilona
04-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks Jun and Chris!

As for studying other things in the past ... nothing really compares to Aikido. I once attempted Tango, and there are elements of Aikido that are dance-like, such as how close partners need to be to execute technique. I have also done a few years of a Feldenkrais Method training, which taught me that my body can learn new things at any age. That made the prospect of being thrown a little less intimidating than it would have been several years ago. Being thrown is actually quite fun, I've discovered!