PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Eamon
11-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Hi folks. My son has just taken up Aikido and I thought I would join this forum to educate myself so that I can support him effectively in his endeavour. I will probably ask lots of stupid questions so please bear with me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Demetrio Cereijo
11-22-2016, 05:50 AM
Welcome Charles.

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Also, are you and your son both taking Aikido classes?

Peter Goldsbury
11-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Hello,

To my mind, this forum is a haven of rational and informed discussion in the vast ocean called the social media / networks. Some of us also write extended columns when we can find the time.

In my own dojo in Hiroshima, we have whole families training, parents and siblings on the mat together. Some of the kids have been training for years and it is very interesting to watch them grow into the art, as they work their way up through the kyuu and dan ranks.

Best wishes,

Demetrio Cereijo
11-22-2016, 06:41 AM
To my mind, this forum is a haven of rational and informed discussion in the vast ocean called the social media / networks.
Scary, isn't it?.

Eamon
11-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Demetrio, as yet I have no plans to take classes also, but I guess it isn't outside the realms of possibility. I could be tempted.

fatebass21
12-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Welcome Charles! I am sure that the more you root around here and ask questions the more interesting Aikido will become to you and you will train alongside your son.

erikmenzel
01-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Welcome Charles,

please feel welcome to provide us with stupid questions and we will do our best (as usual) to come up with stupid answers.
Enjoy and train :)