View Full Version : Instructor Code of Ethics

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Inquiring Mind
10-28-2016, 12:55 PM
I am curious if the major aikido organizations around the globe have a write code of ethics for instructors? Most dojo and/or the parent organization seem to have a something about proper dojo etiquette for the membership at large. This largely pertains to bowing, receiving instruction, cleaning the stinky gi's, etc, but not a formal code of ethics governing instructors.

Perhaps my google-fu is simply weak and it does exist?

02-23-2017, 05:27 AM
That's a good question. From what I have read and seen it is common conversation that there are sometimes drastic differences in how dojo/organizations stick to 'the traditional' or not. Also based on some very recent ethical dilemmas to come out of Japan and dojos/instructors there it would seem that a code of ethics does not exist in written form. But written or not would that garauntee anything?

02-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Birankai has a policy that covers harassment (sexual and otherwise), possibly other stuff as well? Not sure, it's posted in our dojo.

02-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Code of ethics and code of conduct to the bottom left corner above the footer.

What are the penalties and how could infractions be enforced are issues in and of themselves.