PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

JPT
08-29-2002, 07:50 PM
Since I'am suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight and getting bored I'll ask a daft question to pass the time.....

Has anybody had any Aikido Dreams ?

Mine was that I was pratising Aikido with O'Sensei. I woke up halfway through but all I could remember is my surprised at how soft his techniques felt !!!!
:triangle: :square: :circle:

Arianah
08-29-2002, 09:41 PM
I've had several. As I've spent more and more time training, they've become more and more "boring"--just about being in class and practicing. The ones I had when I first began training, however ...

The first one I ever had (well, it probably wouldn't be considered an aikido dream) was pretty weird. My sensei was teaching me how to train dolphins while balancing on a surf board, the balancing part being most important. :confused:

The next one started out as one of those "I'm being chased by a bad bad man" dreams, and just when I'm cornered and about to die, my sensei pops up out of nowhere and does some pressure point thing on this guy who was just about to kill me, which shorts the guy out and makes him fall. All the while, Sensei is nonchalantly instructing me. I, having settled down into seiza and acting as though this were just as natural as being in class, watch as he, while lecturing about details, repeatedly tosses the guy to the ground every time he starts to get up. Weird. :confused: :D

Sarah

chadsieger
08-29-2002, 10:11 PM
That was an incredible experience Jay, I can see why you wanted to share that. That chances are increased that you may meet him again, please let us know about your next encounter.

I for one, recently had a dream getting instuction from a master I have never seen before. I'm looking foreward to the next "class" with him.

Kondban wa

Sieger

SeiserL
08-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Mine was that I was pratising Aikido with O'Sensei. I woke up halfway through but all I could remember is my surprised at how soft his techniques felt !!!!
You are honored by such a visit. What a great teaching opportunity. My deepest compliments, appreciations, and of course envy.

Until again,

Lynn

jeda
08-30-2002, 05:54 PM
I had nightmares about first test- common occurance with me though. I dream about the stress in my life.

None of the nightmares came true either ;)

JPT
08-30-2002, 06:37 PM
Jessica for what it is worth....

I used to suffer from regular nightmares as a kid. However as I've got older I realised why. It was my sleeping posture, I used to sleep face down on my front. Basically I was stopping the flow of oxygen to the brain (by the pressure on the artery in the neck) My nightmares were my brain's way of waking me up. When I realised this I started to sleep on my side or back & have had very few nightmares ever since.

:triangle: :square: :circle: