PDA

View Full Version : Aikijujutsu Densho - AKA Budo Renshu, by Moritaka Ueshiba

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Chris Li
07-17-2016, 10:27 PM
New blog post! "Aikijujutsu Densho - AKA Budo Renshu, by Moritaka Ueshiba (http://www.aikidosangenkai.org/blog/aikijujutsu-densho-budo-renshu-moritaka-ueshiba/)" - Aikido Founder Morihei Ueshiba's technical manual now available for free download in PDF format.

Enjoy!

Chris

rugwithlegs
07-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Chris, you are awesome! Thank you for this!

Chris Li
07-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to tell my wife I'm awesome.... :)

Best,

Chris

JW
07-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks again, Chris. Are some copies titled Budo Renshuu and some Aikijujutsu Densho? If not, where does the "renshuu" name come from? I always thought that was what was actually written on the book.

More importantly-- why is it often said that Tomiki wrote the text? Where does that idea come from, or what is it supported by?

Chris Li
07-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Thanks again, Chris. Are some copies titled Budo Renshuu and some Aikijujutsu Densho? If not, where does the "renshuu" name come from? I always thought that was what was actually written on the book.

More importantly-- why is it often said that Tomiki wrote the text? Where does that idea come from, or what is it supported by?

I've seen copies with both names on the cover, but I don't know which came first, I believe that some copies were also titled "Aikijujutsu Ogi".

I think that one of the English version talks about Tomiki, and I know that Fumiaki Shishida (a student of Kenji Tomiki's and a budo researcher) has made the claim. From what I can tell, "compiled and edited" might be the best way to put it - I don't think that the text is an original essay by Tomiki (there was another person involved as well, and Morihei Ueshiba, of course). Probably, Tomiki did the heavy lifting of getting the text together and cleaned up for publication.

Best,

Chris