PDA

View Full Version : Updated Website Zanshin Art

Please visit our sponsor:

Janet Rosen
03-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Shameless self-promotion time.
Wanted to let folks know I've completely redesigned the website for Zanshin Art, my home-based microbusiness providing custom designed aikido weapons bags and dojo bags. I think the site better explains about the bags and how to order, as well as offering better picture galleries.
Thank you in advance for taking a look.:)
http://www.zanshinart.com/

zivk
03-17-2016, 02:08 AM
Thanks for sharing. The weapons and dojo bags seems original and very nicely made.
I take the opportunity to ask a couple of questions:
- are these fabrics machine washable?
- can the dojo bags be fitted with more robust and padded shoulder straps?

Janet Rosen
03-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. The weapons and dojo bags seems original and very nicely made.
I take the opportunity to ask a couple of questions:
- are these fabrics machine washable?
- can the dojo bags be fitted with more robust and padded shoulder straps?

Thank you, Ziv!
Cotton canvas is always washable. All my fabrics are prelaundered so there should be no shrinkage. I recommend cold water washing (modern detergents and machines are made to work fine with cold water).
Tes, I can fabricate a strap out of the canvas itself or special order any custom fittings that are desired and probably have a spare shoulder pad thingy that slides along the strap tucked away in one of the studio drawers.
It should be noted that the bags themselves are not luggage, won't be carrying a lot of weight, and so shouldn't need heavier straps. 9.5 ounce canvas will never provide the kind of service that synthetic luggage does; these are ideal for daily commutes to and fro the dojo.
(I have had customers carry these bandolier style on their bikes and motorcycles and famously received a note some years ago from one reporting he and his bag both survived a motorcycle accident very nicely).