PDA

View Full Version : Best Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

Ben_t_shodan
08-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Hello,

I have herd of some of the funniest Aiki moments and scariest Aiki moments. I would like to here some of the most effective Aiki moments.

I’ll go first. One night I was on my way home from my girlfriends house, it was about 11:45 PM or so. (if no one knows Michigan most of the roads are dead past 11:00) one car cut off another driver and made them mad. Well needless to say they got stuck at a red light next to each other. Well the driver that got cut off got out and went around to the other car, I jump out of my car to help. I walked up at a diagonal to the man and gently hooked his arm and carefully took his center and let him away. The light turned green and the car drove off. The angry man got in his car (while swearing at me) and drove off.

I am just glad it didn’t escalate. that’s my Aiki moment. What’s yours?

Your Uke,

Ben

Ben_t_shodan
09-02-2002, 12:46 PM
No one has one?!?!?

Bronson
09-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Stepped backward and tripped on a duffel bag. Took a backward roll and came up to standing. Everyone said it looked like I planned it :D

Bronson ;)

Jim ashby
09-06-2002, 09:05 AM
I fell backwards off a container lorry. Over eight feet onto concrete. I managed to get away with just a broken arm. If I didn't know how to fall I'd have landed on my head and caused a lot of damage............to the concrete :)

Have fun.

Kevin Leavitt
09-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Walking through the woods on patrol with a M-60, catching my rucksack on trees and vines. The weight of the gun cause you to pitch forward.

My platoon members would laugh at me as they would watch me execute forward roles constantly in full combat gear and pop right back up and keep walking.

Bronson
09-09-2002, 10:19 PM
ok, this isn't my best moment but it's funny :p

Once while fighting in full medieval european armor I got knocked over. Tried to take a roll and nearly broke my neck. The top of my head went into the ground like a dart because of the 13 pound helmet I was wearing. My head stayed where it landed and my body flipped over it. Live and learn :rolleyes:

Bronson

Ben_t_shodan
09-09-2002, 10:38 PM
I have done rolls over the handle bars of my bike before.

Your Uke,

Ben