PDA

View Full Version : The One

Please visit our sponsor:

erminio
08-25-2002, 11:07 AM
I hope that everybody won't start to laugh at me.. I've just seen "The One", a Jet Li movie, and I found it a quite good action movie, much better of Seagal's one regarding martial arts (I know: with a lot of special effects); I think this is a Forum for every genre of thread (forgive me if it isn't), so I wonder: what do you think?

Bye

ERminio

paw
08-25-2002, 08:16 PM
I didn't like "The One".

IMHO, Jet Li's best Hollywood movie to date is "Romeo Must Die" and Li's best movies ever are "Fist of Legend" and "Bodyguard from Beijing".

Regards,

Paul

akiy
08-25-2002, 09:07 PM
I agree -- I liked "Fist of Legend" a lot.

Of course, you have to give some credit to "yo-yo boy" in "My Father the Hero." The opening scene of hundreds of children doing "synchronized" wushu was pretty impressive.

-- Jun

Abasan
08-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Interestingly enough Jun, that boy in My Father the Hero also played young Wong Fei Hung in Iron Monkey, when he followed his dad Wong Kee Yit.

I agree, Fist of Legend had some of the best moves in a Jet Li movie. However it was a remake of an old Hong Kong movie 'Boxer's Rebellion' or something like that.

That movie was extremely sad. The chinese pupil had to fight this Japanese champion. Who is none other then his beloved martial arts teacher. To induce him to fight, the teacher destroyed a pendant gift his chinese student gave him when they parted a long time ago. In the end, the student killed the teacher. Only to find that the original pendant was still ok, kept under the master's gi.

Nations squable, and one will win. But the people will always lose.