PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Holiday

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

CommonSensei
04-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi, I am planning a few days holiday (4-5) in early May as a birthday present to myself. I am based in the UK so would like somewhere only a few hours flight away where I can practice aikido at the same time as taking a break, either at a seminar or at a club where overseas visitors are welcome. Anyone know of a club/venue that can offer sun, sea, sand and aikido in early May?

I practice a ki aikido style and am 1st Dan but welcome any style.

Thanks!

Derek
04-09-2015, 09:19 AM
You're welcome in Atlanta! We have our spring training seminar from April 30-May 3 coming up. Check it out at the Aikido World Alliance site and let me know if we can help with any travel/lodging plans.

CommonSensei
04-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks Derek...I was hoping for a little less travelling time as its a short break but hey...who knows!

Alec Corper
04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
On the 23 and 24 May I will be giving a seminar in Gandia, near Valencia, Spanish and Dutch participants plus a couple from Japan. You are welcome. Aikido with internal principles and weapons following the line of Hiroshima Kato Shihan.

Peter Goldsbury
04-09-2015, 03:16 PM
On the 23 and 24 May I will be giving a seminar in Gandia, near Valencia, Spanish and Dutch participants plus a couple from Japan. You are welcome. Aikido with internal principles and weapons following the line of Hiroshima Kato Shihan.

Hello Alec,

I hope you and Kaya are both keeping well. I assume the name given to Kato Shihan was a typo. I hope the seminar goes well.

Best wishes,

PAG

Alec Corper
04-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Thank you Peter,
My spell checker has got me in trouble once again. We are both well and busy.
all the best,
Alec

PhilMyKi
04-10-2015, 02:27 AM
I trained at Ruglione Sensei's club in Florence (http://www.kidojo.it/homepage.php) a few years back, had a warm welcome. Plus Florence is a wonderful place to spend a day or two sightseeing and close to many other attractions (Pisa etc)

Alex Megann
04-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Tony Sergeant, one of Saito Sensei's senior students in Europe, used to hold workshops at his dojo in Kefalonia, Greece. I don't know whether that is still going, but Kefalonia is certainly a beautiful island.

This is his old dojo (http://www.cambridge-aikido.com) in Cambridge: you could contact them to see whether he might be still teaching in Greece.

Alex

CommonSensei
04-10-2015, 03:12 AM
Thanks everyone!

Alex, I will certainly contact Tony, Greece fits in well with holiday plans!!