PDA

View Full Version : Dang Thong Tri Sensei

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ben_t_shodan
08-22-2002, 10:44 PM
I am currently reading; A proposed study of: Aikido.
That is a thesis Tri Sensei did in 1971 at Sacramento state college. It is very interesting(also confusing :confused: )and I was wondering if any one had herd of it or read it. If so I would like to discuss it with you.

Thank You

Ben:confused:

Bronson
08-23-2002, 03:33 AM
Hey Ben, I don't think I ever actually asked you but can I read it when you're done? I wanna be confused too? I know you're thinking to yourself "is it possible for him to be more confused than he already is?" :p

Bronson

Ben_t_shodan
08-24-2002, 10:11 PM
Bronson

I think you will have to ask Sensei. I just found out that is his masters thesis. it is the only copy to his knowledge. Tri Sensei gave him the micro film to it also.

Your uke

Ben

SeiserL
08-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Greetings,

I train with Tri Sensei's brother; Sensei Phong of Tenshinkai Aikido in Westminster, CA. I don not know if he has a copy of his brother's thesis. If you could forward me a copy with your questions, perhaps he would be kind enough to comment.

Have you read Tri Sensei's 3 books?

Until again,

Lynn

Ben_t_shodan
08-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Hello

I just wanted to here some thoughts people had on this. I donít have too many questions.

I cant send it to you rite now, (our scanner is not working) but when it is I will ask my Sensei if I could scan it in. It is a bought 100 some pages so It will take a while to scan it.

Your Uke

Ben

Bronson
08-26-2002, 12:30 AM
Have you read Tri Sensei's 3 books?

is this including his book Beginning Tai Chi? If it is then I've read them all (Beyond the Known, Toward the Unkown, Begining Tai Chi). If not then what's the other?

Thanks,

Bronson

chadsieger
08-26-2002, 12:56 AM
Tri Thong Dang was a master of the martial arts, if there ever was one. His books are (The Knowns), in my humble opinion, should be the blueprint for any martial artists. I am thankful to be in his line.

I would also be most interested in reading his thesis. The thesis might be a good look into his younger years, and how his thinking changed or did not change on different issues would be a facinating topic. If at all possible, I would love to read it as well.

Ben, how on earth did you get your hands on that? :confused: Lucky guy.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Chad Sieger

SeiserL
08-26-2002, 09:17 AM
is this including his book Beginning Tai Chi? If it is then I've read them all (Beyond the Known, Toward the Unkown, Begining Tai Chi). If not then what's the other?
Greetings,

These are the only 3 by Tri Sensei I know of. I have read both "known", but not the Tai Chi book.

I will talk with Phong Sensei (Tri Sensei's brother) about it. Though, we lost most documents in a fire last year and Phong Sensei got very little of his brother's belongings from Sacramento when he died.

Please, ask you Sensei if Phong Sensei may have a copy of his brother's thoughts. I am sure he would be most grateful and honored.

Until again,

Lynn

Ben_t_shodan
08-26-2002, 01:19 PM
I will ask and see what he says.

your uke

Ben

Chuck.Gordon
08-29-2002, 12:59 PM
I will ask and see what he says.

your uke

Ben
(mle still.. I should really login, huh?)

Hi Ben,

and big hello to Mark and Janine!

Seiwa dojo is the home of Mark and Janine Crapo Sensei(s) if I recall correctly Mark was a student of Tri sensei.

mle

enjoying Bavaria

Ben_t_shodan
08-29-2002, 03:12 PM
Yes he was, as I recall they were close and had many "outside dojo" conversations.

Your Uke

Ben

SeiserL
08-30-2002, 01:14 PM
Phong Sensei (Tri Sensei's brother) does not have a copy of his brother's thesis. He seemed please that people were still honoring his brother's thoughts and teachings.

Until again,

Lynn

Terence Phan
04-01-2008, 04:46 AM
This work by Tri Sensei is available on microfilm at the UC Davis Shields library.

Bronson
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
This work by Tri Sensei is available on microfilm at the UC Davis Shields library.

They need some help from Google to make their online searching a little more user friendly. I couldn't find it.

Bronson

Terence Phan
04-02-2008, 02:54 AM
I ran a search on the UCD full catalog. Here you go:

http://harvest.lib.ucdavis.edu/F/VRIITKHPL7L2FVBS3B4JIGSVGEJP39MNNHNHFDX6GYE44DJ2PB-53784?func=find-b&find_code=WRD&request=dang+thong+tri&local_base=ucd01pub

Bronson
04-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the attempt but it requires me to have a college ID... which I don't have.

Bronson

Terence Phan
04-03-2008, 10:37 AM
It's alright, you can just look up 'dang thong tri' in the top left search box and it should come up.