PDA

View Full Version : New to AikiWeb forum

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

The Noble Steed
01-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Greetings everyone! I am new on this forum and look forward to doing a lot of reading here before I start asking questions that have probably been answered dozens of times already.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama and am a student of Yoshinkan Aikido at a local dojo here. Actually I am a returning student to Aikido having studied a number of years ago and very recently decided it was time to pick up where I left off and hopefully approach it with a better sense of understanding and patience this time around. I have days when I leave the dojo so full of excitement and joy at having what I thought was a "great" class and then other days when I feel I will never ever be smooth and dance like in my execution of this beautiful art. My one consolation is that I try to force myself to remember that even the highest ranked started out making mistakes and feeling frustrated. I am doing much more reading and studying of the art this time than I did the last time I studied. Just the other day I told a friend that Aikido is such a wonderful thing to READ about! The mat brings you back to reality.

I hope to make new friends here. Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any words of wisdom for a beginner (rank is yellow belt) I humbly welcome the input.

Best regards,
Rei

Marie Noelle Fequiere
01-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Welcome to Aikido, and to the Aikweb community. I can tell from reading your post that you are on the right way, so hang in there and don't forget that if you need any kind of advice, we will be there for you.

dps
01-16-2015, 12:47 PM
,,,, I have days when I leave the dojo so full of excitement and joy at having what I thought was a "great" class and then other days when I feel I will never ever be smooth and dance like in my execution of this beautiful art. My one consolation is that I try to force myself to remember that even the highest ranked started out making mistakes and feeling frustrated...
Rei

The frustration never ends no matter how long you practice.

dps

Susan Dalton
01-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Yeah, what David said. Welcome!

akiy
01-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Hi Reinaldo,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

fatebass21
01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Welcome!