PDA

View Full Version : General Navigation...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

tarik
06-10-2000, 12:47 AM
It would be nice if there was a method at the bottom of a long thread to jump to the AikiWeb Forums main link.

Right now the only control like this is the direct jump to other forums.

Just a thought.

Tarik

Victor
06-10-2000, 08:55 AM
Why dont you try a [Forum Home] link at the top of the page?

tarik
06-10-2000, 11:35 AM
That's fine when the thread is short. I'm talking about when it isn't.

Tarik

akiy
06-11-2000, 03:35 PM
I went and added the links that appear on the top of every page ([Forum Home], [Registration], etc) on the bottom of the pages for the forum display and the thread display. Did you think we would need the links on any other page? I figured those two pages would be the ones that would grow the most.

I'll see if I can add "Forums Home" to the Forum Jump drop-down box, though. I think it would be cleaner.

-- Jun

tarik
06-11-2000, 06:13 PM
That's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking.

Tarik

pixiebob
07-02-2000, 10:33 PM
It would be nice if the search results from the view new posts "button" jumped directly to the first unread post in the forum. I find that almost all of the time I follow that click path.

Thanks

Dave

akiy
07-03-2000, 09:33 AM
The jump to new post thing is a good idea. I went and sent a suggestion to the developers, but I'll try hacking the code to see if I can do it myself.

-- Jun

akiy
07-05-2000, 11:04 AM
I went and hacked the code so that the downward blue arrow http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/images/firstnew.gif shows up in all search results including the one for the "View New Posts." Clicking on this image rather than the thread title will jump you to the first unread post in the forum.

I've sent the hack into the developers so that they can include it in their next version should they wish. Open source is a beautiful thing.

-- Jun

pixiebob
07-05-2000, 01:38 PM
akiy wrote:
I went and hacked the code so that the downward blue arrow http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/images/firstnew.gif shows up in all search results including the one for the "View New Posts."

-- Jun

And it works beautifully. Thanks, Jun.