PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from Japan!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Brian_Panda
09-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi all, I'm Brian originally from New York City. I have been living in Tokyo since 2008.
My martial arts life began in the summer of 2009 when I started Wing Chun during vacation in China. Deeper practice of Wing Chun led me to the internal side of martial arts.

I practiced with Aunkai since September 2013. The group focuses solely on internal movement. It's really easy to go off on a tangent if one focuses on overcoming the practice partner during exercises. Rather, I learned to fail and make mistakes productively. Understand what doesn't work and find an alternative way. I think this is much like Aikido.

Nice to meet you all :)

asiawide
09-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi all, I'm Brian originally from New York City. I have been living in Tokyo since 2008.
My martial arts life began in the summer of 2009 when I started Wing Chun during vacation in China. Deeper practice of Wing Chun led me to the internal side of martial arts.

I practiced with Aunkai since September 2013. The group focuses solely on internal movement. It's really easy to go off on a tangent if one focuses on overcoming the practice partner during exercises. Rather, I learned to fail and make mistakes productively. Understand what doesn't work and find an alternative way. I think this is much like Aikido.

Nice to meet you all :)

Good to hear from you. Say hello to Kim-san from Korea. Sensei and Manabu too. :)

Jaemin

fatebass21
12-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Welcome Brian!