PDA

View Full Version : Bujin Status?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

KEM
08-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Has anyone ordered from Bujin Designs and had product shipped to US since they became a German company?
The product descriptions look great, the reputation is great but they are not responding to support emails, their online ordering system hangs up (not just a browser issue) etc.
Doesn't inspire confidense.
Thanks

jimbaker
08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
They also seem to have two websites, which is a little confusing:
http://www.aikido24.com
http://www.bujindesign.com

The contact pages say they are the same company.

Malicat
08-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Has anyone ordered from Bujin Designs and had product shipped to US since they became a German company?
The product descriptions look great, the reputation is great but they are not responding to support emails, their online ordering system hangs up (not just a browser issue) etc.
Doesn't inspire confidense.
Thanks

I haven't had any experiences with them personally, but a friend of mine spent a *lot* of money for what she thought was a custom hakama, slightly larger waist, that sort of thing. After she received it, she realized the only thing different was that the ties were a bit longer. I have to admit that left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, especially since the e-bogu tetron hakama fit perfectly and are only about 60 dollars.

--Ashley

phitruong
08-26-2014, 09:31 AM
don't care the quality of the new bujin. i have been using nine circle http://www.ninecirclesusa.com/. their stuffs aren't too bad and good price too. i missed the bujin zipper pants though. great for those times when you need to mark your territory, right after you put on the hakama. lately, i have been thinking of wearing swimming trunk/thong underneath the hakama. :)

note: just checked and nine circle usa is closing. damn!

KEM
08-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the prompt, detailed replies. Nine Circles had one hakama remaining at the crazy price of 46.00...which I ordered. Oh...the good ones leave us too soon...

Janet Rosen
08-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I scored last lightwt dogi in my size from 9 circles. I have heard tales of poor quality and inconsistent customer service from the "new" bujin.

GMaroda
08-27-2014, 07:14 AM
I ordered a hakama from them some years ago, but it didn't fit properly. So they sent me a new one and offered free embroidery (which I didn't take). That didn't fit either. So now I have two that don't fit.

But, two for the price of one. So... *shrug*

lbb
08-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Another data point -- I have a dojo mate who ordered a gi from the new Bujin, expecting it to be like her old beloved Bujin gi. She was not happy with what she got.

john.burn
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I have 6 of the heavyweight dogi tops from the new Bujin and I have to say they're better made than they have ever been.

I also have a hakama from them and again, I love it.

YMMV.

John.