PDA

View Full Version : Mrs.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Susan Brautlecht
08-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone,
I would firstly like to say that after 'trying-out' a variety of martial arts and being a dedicated practitioner of shukokai karate, I am and always will be proud and thankful (to my husband), for finding Aikido.

I work with young children and often see them using their karate skills on others. Not only have I seen this encourage aggression, I find it also instils within them a false sense of power. I too felt very powerful doing karate. U:) nfortunately this is mainly physical power and as we should all know we can't always be the fittest and fastest and also keep up our physical strength forever !!

I found it very difficult to adapt to Aikido and stop using physical strength. I always tell those who find it difficult that other martial arts are like playing chequers whilst Aikido compares to chess.

I am sure many have written the same message, therefore I would like to close by saying that Aikido breathes renewed life into all and is in my opinion greatly underrated. Thank you O Sensei !!

Mary Eastland
08-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Welcome.

fatebass21
12-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome! I like the comparison between Aikido and chess. :)