View Full Version : introductio

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

06-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Hello, my name is Robert Detherage. I was born in Chicago,Ill. In 1981. Didnt live their to long. My family moved to Reno, Nevada when I was just a little kid. I lived thier bout 16 years of my life. I was introduced to Aikido by Vincent Salvatore. He owns his own Aikido Dojo in Reno, Nevada. That was when I was in my early 20's. Iam now 31 years old and live in Northwest Ga. Vincent Salvatore, went out of his way and mde me dvds of the Aikido basics. Starting at 5th Kyu and ending with 2nd Kyu. iam working on the 3rd level.
At times it gets frustrating b/c Iam having issues finding people to practice with. So alot of my practice is alot of " Shadow Boxing". But i can say tha iam getting better with the weapons and just keep on practising. I remember Mr. Salvatore would always say that all the Aikido techniques are repitceous. You just keep doing them over and over.
If anyone has any pointers or is interested in talking about Aikido or starting up a small group of people who like minded individuals iam vary interested. Thanks and have blessed day:D
Sincerely Robert Detherage

06-05-2014, 02:32 AM
I was born in Chicago,Ill. In 1981. Iam now 31 years old.

Hate to break it to you, but you're not 31 anymore...

Dan Rubin
06-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Here's a thread from 4 years ago by someone else in Calhoun, Georgia looking for a practice partner. Maybe you two can get together.

06-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to AikiWeb, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun