PDA

View Full Version : Hey all.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Richard Vader
01-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi i'm Richard

A 30 year old dutch guy. I started aikido january 2013. Passed my 6th kyu exam last december. So i think it is safe to say that i am really trying to learn aikido. Have searched the MA world a little bit. Had some time in Penjak Silat (Pukulan Betawi) and in Krav Maga. But they are all about taking an opponent out. Imho the best way to earn some jail time. And it did harden my personality too, wich at that moment sounded as a good thing. But with a nice marriage and 2 little daughters my 'bad ass' time is over and time to become that loving family man. That's where aikido kicks in great. Still able to be participating an MA and learning to relax and go with the flow.

So to keep things short. I'm hooked and therefore i shall bore you with posts and comments

Kind Regards,

Richard

akiy
01-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Richard,

Welcome to AikiWeb. I hope you feel welcome in joining in with the discussions here.

-- Jun

Adam Huss
01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
You should get a black belt solely based on your last name. That's awesome.

Dave de Vos
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Actually Vader means father in Dutch, so Richard is probably not related to Darth :)

Richard Vader
01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Dave there was no need to spoil that! Lol

Dave de Vos
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Oops, sorry about that.
Well, perhaps Darth has Dutch ancestors. He might even be your descendant!
:D

TonyBlomert
01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Welcome to Aikiweb and at 30 you're truly just a kid (bad ass or not). I returned to Aikido training when I was in my late 40's. That was 10 years back. Look forward to reading your musings!