PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be here.

Please visit our sponsor:

Sand-Wind
08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Hello my name is Saud I am a university student. I started Aikido in 2008 in Kuwait with a college professor Hiroaki Izumi some of you will know him he seems to have lurked a lot around here. I enjoy Aikido a lot since I have a problem with my feet since I was born and no coach on Sensei in my country would take me since they trained for competition rather than for the martial art I was very lucky to meet Izumi Sensei and he took me in and gave me as much attention and treated me as any other student he had.

Sad to say we lost Izumi Sensei on the 1st of March this year as he had a heart attack while warming up with his students for the middle east Kendo tournament in Dubai. He lived and died as warrior he always said he would die while doing martial arts and thats what he did.

I am really happy that I signed up on here Izumi Sensei used to talk about this forum and if we needed some reading material about discussions it would be one of the best places to start at. I am really happy since I have found a lot of posts and article of his that he wrote on here and some bring back some great memories since he used to mention some of the topics in the dojo while he trained us.

Happy to be here and hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys I am really interested in the history of Aikido and other styles of Aikido.

I have been a lot of threads on here and so far its really interesting with a lot of in site.

akiy
08-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi Saud,

Welcome to AikiWeb, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

OwlMatt
08-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Welcome.

Janet Rosen
08-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Saud, welcome - we've already be "talking" on the thread you started.
I had the pleasure of meeting and training just once with Izumi Sensei, back at a seminar in 1998.
My own teacher died just a couple of years ago, so I understand how hard that is, too....welcome to our community. I hope you will find it a source of useful information and good fellowship.