View Full Version : Wee Scottish newbie!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi folks
I'm very pleased to join your community. I'm new to aikido and to martial arts, and have just recently started attending a dojo on the west coast of Scotland. Loving it so far, although clearly need to learn the art of ukemi, as my knees are already bearing the bruises of my poor technique!
I was inspired to try aikido as a result of learning about Leadership Embodiment practices through Wendy Palmer Sensei. These are mind-body techniques that are useful in handling everyday challenges and which draw on principles of aikido. And I was initially drawn to those practices as a result of a longstanding interest in meditation and mindfulness based approaches. Intrigued by all I've read and experienced so far!
I don't expect to be a prolific poster on the forums - I don't generally use online forums and as a complete beginner to aikido, I clearly have more to learn than contribute, but I am very grateful that there is an opportunity to share in the experience of practitioners from around the globe.

06-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi Sandra,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun