View Full Version : Hi, all...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

04-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello, everyone. I finally managed to get around to registering to post on Jun's AikiWeb forums, though I've been reading for a while. I've a dojo in Pearland, TX (southern suburb of Houston), with tongue-in-cheek name of Wasabi Dojo. We're Tomiki in style, with more than a smattering of judo in there. We share space with a BJJ academy, so there's that sporting influence on some of my people, too. I came up in the Tomiki/Kogure/Geis line here in Houston, under Ray Williams, if that rings anything for anyone.

Look forward to discussing things with you all.

04-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction. I like the name of your dojo.

-- Jun

04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you, Jun. As stated, the name is tongue-in-cheek and came about almost by accident. Well, if you consider post class beer drinking a few years back to be "accidental"

Janet Rosen
04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I also like your tagline - but the devil's advocate in me has to ask, eyes twinkling, if kuzushi wouldn't be better illustrated as the house sliding out from under the mountain :-)

04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Janet, I didn't create the Kanji.... so .... and ... but... I sort of agree with you.

An "old dude" in the most respectful sense of the phrase told me that, and I had to go and look for myself. Sure enough, mountain on the house. Makes sense, in the old guys in armor sense. Anymore, I think we'd need the old Space Ghost character to really capture our mental pic, eh?

Ha! Good to e-meet you.