PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Nolin
02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello, All -

Chris Nolin here. I train at Aikido of Volusia dojo under Sensei Tom Walsh, Yondan. Our dojo is affiliated with Aikido of Hawaii International, (AHI), Shihan Robert Kubo, Chairman and chief instructor.

I had been interested in Aikido for many years, married a Japanese, lived in Japan for a few years, but never 'got around' to training; a procrastination I will always regret. I finally entered the dojo here in my hometown at age 50. That was three years ago.

I'm currently 4th kyu, and will be testing for 3rd kyu again soon. I say again, as during my 3rd kyu test last year, I suffered a torn ACL in my left knee and was unable to complete it. Since then I've had surgery, and have recently been back on the mat as much as the rehabilitation of my knee allows. It takes a full year for the knee to return to normal function. I chose to reconstruct the ACL so I could continue my lifestyle as an Aikidoka. Giving up Aikido was never an option.

Aikido, as a philosophy and way of life, has been a long time coming in my life, and it's like coming home. I'm finally 'getting around' to joining Aikiweb, and I'm looking forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge and expertise within these pages.

In Ai Ki,

Your fellow traveler,

Chris

akiy
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Chris,

Welceom to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun