PDA

View Full Version : Weird images again

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Janet Rosen
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
A while back I asked if anybody noticed weird graphics on the site - I was seeing a flag instead of the usual button for something. Folks didn't understand what I was talking about and by the time somebody suggested I take a screen shot it was a day later and it was gone.
Well tonight I am seeing a big yellow duck. Posted screenshot to my flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zanshinart/6900811341

mathewjgano
02-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Not that I'm seeing.

Janet Rosen
02-19-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm hoping Jun can shed some light on this....too weird....

Pauliina Lievonen
02-19-2012, 01:47 AM
That IS weird. It's the photo I have as my avatar, but what is my ducky doing haunting Janet's Aikiweb views?

kvaak
Pauliina

Dan Rubin
02-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Your previous post contained a quote from Pauliina, and now your "quote" button has been replaced by her avatar. The ghost in the machine, er, website.

akiy
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Janet,

I don't know of any reason why such a graphical mix-up could happen server-side. My guess would be something is wonky with your browser.

With that said -- has anyone else encountered this problem?

If this happens again, can you please e-mail me your IP address (retrievable via http://www.whatsmyip.org) and the HTML source (from your browser's "view source" (CTRL-U under Windows Firefox) of the page? After you do this, you might want to see if doing a "hard refresh" (
CTRL-F5) or clearing out your browser's cache (Firefox: Tools > Clear Recent History) fixes things...

Thanks,

-- Jun

Janet Rosen
02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
The truth is, it's amusing, so I'm not sure I necessarily want to "make it go away" but I sure was curious if it was just me.

akiy
02-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi Janet,

In that case, if I had the time, I'd modify the code to allow you to choose if you wanted random graphics being replaced with other random graphics here. Maybe for the next, big upgrade...

-- Jun

Janet Rosen
02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Janet,

In that case, if I had the time, I'd modify the code to allow you to choose if you wanted random graphics being replaced with other random graphics here. Maybe for the next, big upgrade...

-- Jun

RandoriWeb! :D