View Full Version : Lurking for a while but now it's time to say hello

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi all,

I've been on the site a while reading through the various topics but feel I should really say hi and introduce myself.

My name's Dave and I've been practising Aikido for around 9 months. I recently took my 6th kyu grading and thankfully passed so I am officially on the path :)

I also practice Karate. I practised when I was younger and after many years break I started again and am now back up the ranks and will be taking my shodan grading next year. ( 6 months time) but I have always been interested in other martial arts and a friend of mine mentioned he wanted to start one and Aikido was decided on so I joined him.

I'm glad I chose Aikido, I'm really enjoying it and finding that it compliments my Karate as I can implement the various techniques into my bunkai/applications. The added bonus is that being Japanese I recognise a lot of the names of the techniques or at least part of them and have picked them up quite quickly.

The school I train at is the Ellis School of Traditional Aikido and I understand that Henry Ellis is on this site as well soI'd like to say hello sir

So in short, I am very new to Aikido but really enjoying it and hope to continue for quite some time.

12-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun