View Full Version : London I Liq Chuan workshop with Sam Chin: 11/12 Feb 2012

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Eric Ling
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Master Sam F. S. Chin's third London workshop will take place on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 February 2012.

The workshop will cover:

1. Taiji & Chan (Zen) approaches to learning.
2. Understand, both mentally & physically, five qualities essential to the internal arts: Absorb & Project, Open & Close, Condense & Expand, Concave & Convex and 3-D Action.
3. To express the above qualities with a partner through Spinning Hands & Sticky Hands.
4. Strategies of action in dealing with an opponent.
5. Engaging the point of contact. What? How?

Here are some reviews of previous ILC London workshops

Times and venue are:

Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th February 2012, 10:00-17:00 both days
Little Venice Sports Centre, 10 Crompton Street, London W2 1ND

Little Venice Sports Centre is a 10 minute walk from Edgware Road tube station on the Circle, Hammersmith and City and Bakerloo lines.

Cost: 150 (reduced cost of 125 for advance payment by Friday 13 January)

Please get in touch via the contact details on the event page to register.

Hope to see you there!

12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
i know i already mentioned it on RSF, but I'm looking forward to meeting up with all the UK peeps!

Eric Ling
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Just a quick reminder of the reduced cost of 125 for advance reservation by Friday 13 January.

Eric Ling
01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
TTT - we are registering participants up to Friday 4 February.

Hope to see you there,

01-29-2012, 08:37 PM
w00t! just around the corner. looking forward to this.

02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
i got some of the photos i took during the workshop uploaded if anyone would like to take a look - http://iliqchuan.com/content/london-2012

we had a good turn out and i think everyone enjoyed the workshop. I had a great time in London and it was great to meet Eric in person finally.

Sifu noticed I was reading a copy of Ellis Amdur's "Hidden In Plain Sight" in my downtime. As it happened Eric had a copy on his coffee table when we showed up at his flat and Sifu mentioned I was reading the same book. Eric was kind enough to give me his copy of "Dueling With O-Sensei", which I've read about half of so far. :cool: