PDA

View Full Version : Book request

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Chris Knight
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of
Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method Volume One
by Hong Junsheng, I've searched the UK but nobody seems to stock this anymore??

woudew
11-17-2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.chenzhonghua.net/shop/books-by-chen-zhonghua/chen-style-taijiquan-practical-method-volume-one-english.html

And as i am dutch this place is also the cheapest around.
(i bought it at amazon, a bit more expensive)

Chris Knight
11-17-2011, 07:18 AM
thanks walter! i was looking on Amazon but just couldn't seem to get it through there! :)

Chris Knight
11-17-2011, 07:30 AM
doesn't look like it's still available from this site.... any more suggestions?

Dan Rubin
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Here's another: http://www.taijichinesemedicine.com/englishbooks.htm#

DH
11-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Great book. It goes out of stock then comes back. Keep checking.
One of the interesting things to do is to read various Chinese works on internal strength and jins. many of the topics are hotly debated. This should speak to some of you who bought into a certain persons oft repeated notion that they supposedly all agreed on this stuff. Thats was pure B.S. from the get go.
One interesting tidbit is the popular concept of Peng jin as the one jin. Hong states along with two others under Chen Fake that Fake believed that chansi jin was the one jin as it contained within the dual spirals- all jins- in one movement. Whereas with the other jins they would each have peng within them. With due consideraton Liu ChenDe, and Li ChuGong show and explain the logic behind chansi jin as the one jin and Chenzhonghua does not. CZH is clearly not of the calibur of LCD or LCG in his movements either.
At any rate that book was an interesting read with its quoting of Chen Xin's book and HJS's outlining where Chen Fake agreed/disagreed with Chen Xin and where HJS agreed/disagreed with both through his own development and insights.
I offer no opinion on any of it.
Dan