PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gleason Sensei Aiki Intensive, Jan-March 2012

Please visit our sponsor:

hughrbeyer
10-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Gleason Sensei is doing a new type of training that I'm really excited about, and I think offers some real opportunities for those who want it.

It's a seminar series: 1 day a month for 3 months, 6 hours a day. It's sort of a inverse seminar: instead of lots of people and lots of material over a few days, it's a limited size, intensive drilldown into a few basic principles. You sign up for the whole thing, so there's continuity of material and he can build on previous work over the series.

He covers the aiki internal power basics, with solo and paired exercises with significant time learning to use the internals to affect your partner. He also covers application to aikido: "this is spiraling;" "this is spiraling in tenchinage." "This is elbow power;" "This is how to use elbow power in iriminage."

He's also likely to spend some time on sword training (his own training is in Kashima Shin Ryu), focusing on how the sword techniques use the same aiki principles as the empty-hand techniques.

We've been doing this internally for the past few months and it's been amazing to spend significant time on the mat working this stuff. Now Sensei is opening up the next series to folks outside the dojo. If you're anyplace close to New England, it's an opportunity to spend some significant time on the mat learning aiki and aikido at a deeper level, with lots of hands-on interaction with Sensei.

The seminar is by invitation only. To apply (or for more information) send email to info@shobu.org and we'll send you an applicaiton.

Details:
Dates: January 7, February 11, March 10
Class times: 9-noon, 3-6pm

Ernesto Lemke
10-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello Hugh,

That sounds like a very interesting undertaking. Unfortunately for me I'm on another continent.
I'm really interested in hearing how this turns out.
Best of luck

SteveTrinkle
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Is 2011 correct? If so, I already missed this.

hughrbeyer
10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Bleaugh. 2012, 2012.

Howard Popkin
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Hello,

After spending some quality time with Gleason Sensei recently, I can wholeheartedly recommend this seminar to any Aikidoka interested in doing great Aikido.

Simple as that.

Have a great seminar !

Howard