PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone!

Please visit our sponsor:

Rubber Man
09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
my names dan im 21 been an aikidoka for about four and a half years, just as entranced by it now as i was when i started!

unfortunately i have to leave my club to go university during term time, there are some great clubs in southampton but i have a dream and i joined this website in the hopes of potentially realising them, as im sure you are aware universities have societies and if you create a society the university awards you a bursary to spend on the day to day running aswell as free use of the facilities. i study at southampton solent university which does not currently have an aikido club and it is my dream to find a yudansha willing to teach, i would do all the administrative side all the prospective sensai would have to do is turn up and teach (of course if they wanted to run it themselves i would be more than happy to turn control over!)

anyway to summarise my dream is to form this club for a small group of 6 - 8 regular members and use the bursary to cover all the costs of training thus creating what i believe would be the first free aikido club. im still mudansha and thus cannot start my own club but if any of you guys know of someone that might be interested would be really grateful if you could let me know!

cheers!
Dan

akiy
09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi Dan,

Welcome to AikiWeb. You might get more responses to your inquiry if you post it outside of the Introductions forum.

-- Jun