PDA

View Full Version : Living in Japan

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

armynavy123
08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I have noticed, a good amount of Japanese citizens are active in the forum, for the folks living in Japan right now or Americans that have lived a couple years in Japan what attracts you about it? Or, what made you leave?

mathewjgano
08-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I only lived there for 3, 3-month blocks of time so I mine was more of a vacation. That being said, I loved it there. I wasn't a fan of being made into a sardine on the trains and buses, but for the most part that wasn't a huge issue for me...and I felt worse for the folks standing at arm-pit height next to me. Everything else was awesome: very friendly people and beautiful country! Truly a gem of the Pacific!
I'm not familiar with Kirarahama though, sorry. Is that near Tokyo?
Take care,
Matt

armynavy123
08-04-2011, 01:39 PM
I only lived there for 3, 3-month blocks of time so I mine was more of a vacation. That being said, I loved it there. I wasn't a fan of being made into a sardine on the trains and buses, but for the most part that wasn't a huge issue for me...and I felt worse for the folks standing at arm-pit height next to me. Everything else was awesome: very friendly people and beautiful country! Truly a gem of the Pacific!
I'm not familiar with Kirarahama though, sorry. Is that near Tokyo?
Take care,
Matt

No it's actually about 3 hours away from Tokyo /: But when I go to Kirahama I am probably going to visit Tokyo.

Richard Stevens
08-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I lived around Chugoku for about 15 years and loved every minute of it. I would still be there now, but my wife wanted to move back to the US after we found out she was pregnant.

My experience living in Japan seems to have been pretty different to that of most of the foreigners I met. I always lived in small towns (inaka) hours away from the big cities. In fact, in all those years I've only been to Tokyo 3 times. Twice to pick someone up from Narita and the third to go to Tokyo Disney.