PDA

View Full Version : Hello All....

Please visit our sponsor:

kyu mg
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone....
I just recently started taking Aikido....
I started with a 6 week Intensive class, and I've already decided to continue with regular monthly classes afterwrds.
A little back ground, Im 58 years sometimes young & sometimes older....
I served in the Army in Germany where I studied Tae Kwon Do Moo Duk Kwan earning my Shodan in April of 1973....
I'm also a Marine served in 1975-1978....
I decided I needed to do something for a little exercise, and I don't like to just exercise, Butt I don't mind it if Im learning something.
I was always intrigued with the softer Arts, if thats ok to say....
Im enjoying the class so far, the mind is willing, the body is yealling what are you thinking....LOL
I live in Stockton CA, Ive lived in the valley here all of my life, except for the times Uncle Sam decided that I go elswear....
Looking forward to learning a lot from Aikiweb....
Thank you....

kyu mg
06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
I just started Aikido a couple of weeks ago and Im here.
I have TKD back ground, Shodan back in April of 73.
Going from a strict hard style to Aikido is, well different to be sure....
I decided after all this time on Aikido because I know I can't do the TKD again, But seriously Ive always been fascinated with Aikido, so here I am....
The funny thing is the soft part, ya right, tell my body that, did I mention Im 58, I think my second lesson I hurt my neck, about the time that felt better, last nite I hurt my Shoulder and elbow....
Butt hey, Im an Old Marine, I hurt all the time anyways....
Right now Im in a 6 week intensive class, after the initial 6 weeks I will continue with regular classes....
The road ahead is long, I have takin my first steps....

jester
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Good Luck Mike!

jester
06-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Dejavu! :D

Where were you stationed in Germany? I was in Friedberg on M1's but that was 13 years after you.

Good Luck!

kyu mg
06-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I was Franfurt at the 21st replacement Depot

kyu mg
06-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry....
I ment Frankfurt.
How do edit your post..?

Janet Rosen
06-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Sorry....
I ment Frankfurt.
How do edit your post..?

Within a limited time frame, hit the edit button. After the time frame, post a correcting post or let it go.

akiy
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

ninjaqutie
06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Welcome!!!